Print Center Repair is designed to rectify situations where Print Center will not open, printers cannot be added, and numerous other errors. Although Print Center Repair cannot fix every printing problem, it is capable of resolving most of the common ones.
Print Center Repair allows the user to do the following:
- Verify the root user
- Verify and recreate the daemon user
- Verify and repair Print Center file permissions
- Reset Print Center
- Delete hidden temporary files
- Delete Print Center preferences
- Delete the Canon folder
- Delete the pre-installed drivers
Full instructions are included.
The buzz about Print Center Repair:
"If you are having any problems with Print Center that you cannot solve, give this utility a try. It can repair the spool and cups directories, delete printer drivers, and more."
~ Ted Landau, creator of the MacFixIt web site and author of Mac OS X Disaster Relief.
"When you can't print, you have two choices. You can search the AppleCare Knowledge Base for the steps you can take to solve your problems, then, if needed, search the Mac websites even further for more processes hidden within OS X. Then you can type all the code from these steps into the Terminal. Or, you can just download and run Print Center Repair."
~ Deborah Shadovitz, contributing editor for MacAddict Magazine and author of the Adobe GoLive 5 Bible.
"Print Center Repair offers a variety of printing-related "fixes." [It] can repair problems with printing spools and the CUPS directory itself, delete troublesome temp and preference files, and even delete printer drivers (by manufacturer)."
~ Dan Frakes, editor of the MacFixIt web site, columnist for Macworld Magazine and author of Mac OS X Power Tools.
For technical support, please click here
Version 1.4.2 - 08/08/02
- Made significant improvements to the "Verify root user" and "Verify daemon user" options so that they now provide more a detailed description of any errors found.
- Improved the overall speed of the application.
Version 1.4.1 - 08/06/02
- Fixed a bug that prevented the use of the "Delete Temporary Files" option for Print Center.
Version 1.4 - 08/06/02
- Added the option to verify the root user.
- Added the option to verify and recreate the daemon user in the NetInfo database.
- Added an activity logging system that is accessible from the menu bar.
- Added an "Options" menu with keyboard shortcuts for quick access to the repair options.
- Combined the "Delete User Printers Library" and "Delete Main Printers Library" options into a new "Delete Printers Libraries" option.
- Closing the main window now quits Print Center Repair.
- Made additional improvements to the error handling system.
- Made small cosmetic adjustments.
Version 1.3 - 07/15/02
- Improved Print Center permissions repairs.
- Made significant improvements to the error handling system.
- Optimized the AppleScript and shell commands for better performance.
- Added the option to rebuild the /private/tmp directory with correct permissions and symbolic links.
Version 1.2 - 06/11/02
- Added the option to reset Print Center by invoking 'PrintingReset'.
- Removed the option to delete spool files as this is now handled by the "Reset Print Center" option.
- Added the option to delete preference files for either the current user or all users.
Version 1.1 - 06/03/02
- Added the option to delete hidden temporary files for either the current user or all users.
- Added the ability to choose either the current user or all users when deleting the contents of the Users/<username>/Library/Printers directory.
- Improved file/folder deletion.
- Improved error handling.
- Made cosmetic improvements to the progress indicators.
- Created a brand new icon.
Version 1.0 - 05/13/02
- Fixed a bug which disabled LPR printing after repairing file permissions.
- Added a progress information panel.
- Redesigned the user interface.
Version 0.5 - 05/09/02
- Fixed a bug which left administrator access temporarily enabled under certain conditions.
- Added a progress indicator.
- Made several cosmetic adjustments.
Version 0.4 - 05/06/02
- Added four new repair options.
- Revised the documentation to include extensive repair instructions.
Version 0.3 - 05/01/02
- Changed the name from "Print Center Fixer" to "Print Center Repair".
- Redesigned the whole package with a simple user interface that no longer needs to open the Terminal.
Version 0.2 - 04/30/02
- Made the initial AppleScript editable.
- Added additional reference information to the manual (thanks Dan Nolen).
Version 0.1 - 04/23/02
Print Center Repair is shareware and cannot be distributed via any means without prior authorization from Fixamac Software, Inc.
Fixamac Software, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any accidental data loss or other damages incurred through the use of the program. Please make sure you back up important files before using.
Print Center Repair is © 2002 - 2012 Fixamac Software, Inc.